Planning and Scheduling
Group visits with the Kettering University's Office of Admissions are intended for high-school-age students.
Group size should be at least 5 and no more than 35 students. Groups should include at least 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students.
Planning well in advance and building some flexibility into your visit plan is the best way to ensure that we can accommodate your group. Because of limited availability of staff and facilities, we cannot accommodate all requests.
Reserving a Date and Time
- Visit times are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, September-June (with some exceptions during holidays, school breaks, and on dates of large campus visit programs).
- Visits times are available on a more limited basis in July-August.
- To request a group visit, register at least four weeks in advance.
- Visit times and dates are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Contact Customer Service & Programs at 1-800-955-4464 ext. 7865 to register.
- Make sure all students have permission to be out of class and are committed to the visit.
- Plan to have at least 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students. Chaperones will be required to stay with the designated 10 students during the entire visit.
- If the number of visitors in your group changes after you has reserved your date, please contact us no later than three days in advance to confirm your total number.
- Have your students prepare questions to ask during the visit.
- Your visit will include a lot of walking. Prior to your visit, let us know if anyone has special needs.
- Encourage all in your group to wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Make sure your bus driver (or chaperone) has directions to Kettering University. Also, they should know where to drop off the group, where to park, and where to pick up the group when the visit is over. Groups receive driving directions, parking suggestions, and a campus map with their visit confirmation email.
On the Day of Your Visit
- Leave for Kettering University early, allowing enough time for possible delays.
- Arrive on time. Call if you are running late, (810) 762-7865, so we can attempt to adjust your visit itinerary. Please realize that facilities and staff schedules are limited. In the event of a late arrival, some of the scheduled activities may need to be canceled.
- Chaperones will be required to stay with their designated 10 students during the entire visit.
- Encourage your students to ask questions so that they get the most out of the visit.
- Ensure that everyone in your group is respectful of Kettering students, staff, facilities, and personal property. Failure to do so could result in early conclusion of the visit and limited availability for future visits by your organization.
- Enjoy your time on campus!
If you find it necessary to cancel your visit, please give us at least three (3) days notice by calling Customer Service & Programs at 1-800-955-4464 ext. 7865.
We want your visit to be a good one, so please contact the appropriate office if you have any questions.
High School Group Visits
Customer Service & Programs
1-800-955-4484 ext. 7865
Your morning visit would look like this:
|10:00a||Welcome to Kettering University|
|10:15-11:30 a.m.||Guided walking Tour by a Kettering Student|
|11:30-11:45 a.m.||Admissions Information Session|
|11:45 a.m.||Conclusion of Group Visit|
At this time, groups typically have lunch in the Student Cafeteria (This option MUST be pre-planned). Lunch is $5.00 in the student dining hall (this is a special rate subsidized by Kettering University). Please have check printed to Kettering University with your tax ID#. If you choose to pay cash on the day of your visit please have exact amount collected and counted by arrival time on campus.
Your afternoon visit would look like this:
|1:15 p.m.||Welcome to Kettering University|
|1:30-2:45 p.m.||Guided walking Tour by a Kettering Student|
|2:45-3:00 p.m.||Admissions Information Session|
|3:00 p.m.||Conclusion of Group Visit|
After the visit, please:
- Discuss the visit with those who attended.
- Contact us with suggestions on how we can improve your next visit.
We want your visit to be a good one, so please contact the Customer Service & Programs Office if you have any questions or comments.
Getting directions, finding places to stay, or discovering things to do are all easy to do! Need a way to get to campus? Check out Amtrak Passenger Discounts for Students or Bishop International Airport for local carriers located in Flint, MI.