Don't think of "on-line" learning when you come to Kettering, because we do distance learning differently than most. That's because we give you the entire classroom experience whenever you want and wherever you are. Other places expect you to teach yourself by reading on-line materials and textbooks, with some interactive on-line discussion boards.
But at Kettering University, you'll watch and hear our professors as they teach you the topics you need to know to help advance your career. You'll learn just like you would in a traditional college class- but with added benefits. Our faculty teach graduate classes in Kettering's high-tech video studios for our on-campus graduate students.
We record the entire classroom experience: professor lecture, case studies, class discussion, student questions, presentation, and supplemental materials. Next, we create a weekly class packet for our off-campus distance learning students by duplicating the classroom experience onto DVD and CD-Rom, as well as videostreaming it to our website. We ship the materials to you each week or you log on to our website. Then you watch the lectures & complete materials when it fits your schedule. Check out a sample class clip.
You're still required to complete assignments, projects, and tests as you would expect in a highly-respected and rigorous graduate program. You just won't have to commute to a local campus or commit to a scheduled day & time each week to "attend" class. You can fit us into your schedule. So you can decide to watch class on Tuesday night after the kids go to bed or on Friday during your flight back from corporate headquarters. Or maybe Saturday morning before the big game...we'll let you be in control.
The benefits of the Kettering Graduate Program:
- attend classes by watching class videos when it fits your schedule;
- no commuting to a local campus...classes arrive to your doorstep or accessed on-line;
- complete your masters degree from the convenience of your living room;
- no need to commit to a given day & time for a scheduled class;
- Kettering University is highly-respected and highly-ranked by US News and World Report, Kaplans, and Princeton Review;
- improve your work while completing class assignments: class projects encourage you to use your work as a "laboratory" by applying class concepts to develop improved work processes;
- direct access to professors through phone, e-mail, office hours, discussion boards, and more to help answer your questions;
- review class videos more than once to better understand materials that you may have missed;
- you receive the same diploma as our on-campus students receive; there is no differentiation between on-campus or distance learning programs.