At Kettering, Electrical Engineering majors emerge from the program with the skills and experience to analyze and design basic electrical, electronic and digital systems in a global economy—including international experience. It’s no wonder Kettering’s programs are ranked among the best engineering programs in the nation.
You’ll start by maximizing your all-important math skills and soon you’ll be knee-deep in our unbeatable co-op education program, working on-site at a corporation. There you might design a circuit board for a computer system or monitor an electric power grid. See our Electrical Engineering co-ops…
Other distinctive features include
- early and continuous professional experience through our co-op education program, which offers so much more than a typical internship or part-time job. You'll gain professional co-op experience at places like Bosch, Walt Disney World and Harley-Davidson;
- access to 10 advanced laboratories, including the Digital Signal Processing Laboratory, where you’ll learn about sampling and aliasing, and the High Voltage Laboratory, where you’ll evaluate the performance of gaseous, liquid, and solid dielectrics;
- free downloadsof Microsoft products included in the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) program;
- study abroad opportunities where you'll enroll at one of the top German universities of applied science—without missing a nanosecond of your program; and
- a senior thesis project where you'll synthesize theory and practice—and impress employers.
You may also minor in Electrical Engineering—a choice that will enhance your marketability in the real world.
This program is accredited by ABET, Inc.
See the program brochure.