Computer Engineering Educational Objectives
The Computer Engineering program aims to provide each of its graduates with a solid educational foundation on which to build a successful and sustainable career in computer engineering or a related field.
Computer Engineering graduates will have:
- the analysis, design, and documentation skills to qualify them for immediate employment in technical areas including
- hardware and/or software design of real-time embedded computer systems,
- design of complex digital systems, especially computers, and
- applications of real-time embedded-computer or other complex digital systems (in, for example, manufacturing, monitoring, control, or communications);
- the teamwork, communications, and interpersonal skills to enable them to be productive members of interdisciplinary engineering teams;
- the skills, confidence, professionalism, and experience to enable them to assume positions of technical and/or managerial leadership as their careers develop; and
- a solid foundation in basic mathematics, science, and electrical and computer engineering that will enable them to continue their professional development and sustain a life-long career in computer engineering, either through graduate study or continuing self-directed learning and development activities.