As a major in Chemistry at Kettering, your mind will be challenged and your hands will be busy—right away. That’s because you’ll be involved in our career-building co-op education program during your first year. At your co-op, you might:
- join a team involved in fine-tuning synthetic polymers, such as Teflon or Kevlar, making new applications possible;
- help to develop new nanomaterialsthat could revolutionize an important industry; or
- work on developing new sources of bioabsorptive materials that could serve to protect the environment.
- It’s like getting paid to become an expert.
The Chemistry program also offers
- hands-on experience in six advanced laboratories: Bell Laboratories I and II, Organic Chemistry Laboratory, a Physical Chemistry Laboratory and Miller Labs I and II;
- early and continuous professional experience through our co-op education program, which offers so much more than a typical internship or part time job; and
- opportunities to work side-by-side with faculty who are researching intriguing topics, such as ways to synthesize novel polymeric materials or how the anticancer properties of green tea work.
You’ll complete your study with a senior thesis that showcases your mastery of theory and application—yet another factor that impresses employers.
See the program brochure.
Chemistry/Biochemistry main office - Julie Simmons, 810-762-7912; firstname.lastname@example.org; Room: 3-101 Mott Center
Visit the Green Kettering website.