Master of Science in Operations Management
The Master of Science in Operations Management (MSOM) is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MSOM program focuses on the management skills, knowledge, and attitudes required to lead organizations that create goods and services. You can expect to gain expertise in general business management areas, as well as a firm understanding of methods and practices in modern operations management. Students currently in the program possess a wide variety of backgrounds and undergraduate degrees. This program is design for you if you are currenlty in- or desire to enter- a management position within a manufacturing or services related company.
You may begin this program in any of our four 11-week terms. This program does not require a thesis.
The MSOM consists of a total of ten 4-credit courses which includes six core courses plus four elective courses to allow you to customize the program to meet your professional needs.
For information on our distance learning delivery and other Graduate Degree programs and certificates, please visit the Graduate Program website. You can earn your degree through distance learning delivery from anywhere in the world. Flexible, convenient, and highly respected.
MSOM Core Classes (Six 4-credit classes)
- FINC 619 Financial Management
- ISYS 669 Enterprise Information System Models
- MGMT 629 Management Science
- MGMT 639 Managing People & Organizations
- MGMT 659 Strategy
- MGMT 661 Operations Management
- Plus one of the following:
- BUSN 659 International Business
- MRKT 679 Marketing Management
Plus three courses from the following list of electives. Courses may come from one or more categories below:
- BUSN 659 Inernational Business
- MRKT 679 Marketing Managment
- IME 601 Fundamentals of Manufacturing Engineering
- IME 674 Quality Assurance and Reliability
- IME 683 Elements of CIM for Manufacturing
- MFGO 633 Lean Production Systems
- Operations Managment
- IME 540 Environmentally Concious Design
- IME 583 Industrial Engineering Concepts
- IME 676 Lean Six Sigma
- MGMT 609 Technology Managment
- MGMT 619 Project and Change Management
- Supply Chain and ERP
- IME 652 Design Value in Supply Chain
- IME 654 Enterprise Resource Planning
- MGMT 669 Supply Chain Operations
To learn more about the MSOM or other Graduate Programs click on the following: