Mechanical Cognate Concentration
With the Master of Science in Engineering with concentration in Mechanical Cognate you can develop your own curriculum within a structured framework for the purpose of customizing your own degree to meet your personal needs and career goals. The student will receive a Master‘s degree upon completion of 10 courses within the program. This program has a thesis option.
Completion of 40 credits.
- ORTN-600 Graduate Orientation (no credit course)
- MECH-600 Engineering Mathematics with Applications
Select nine of the following offerings.
- Any five Mechanical Engineering graduate courses
- Additional three (3) Cognate Courses
- One additional elective or a program thesis
Example Cognate Courses
Fuel Cell Cognate
- MECH-526 Fuel Cell Science & Engineering
- MECH-544 Introduction to Automotive Powertrains
- MECH-545 Hybrid Electric Vehicle Propulsion
- CHEM-635 Multicomponent Polymer Systems
- MECH-580 Properties of Polymers