BS/MBA and BS/MS Options
Only available to Kettering University undergraduate students entering the MBA, Engineering or Engineering Management graduate programs. Kettering University undergraduate students who desire to obtain a master’s degree may elect to complete the Bachelor/Master (BS/MBA or BS/MS) program which provides students an opportunity to accelerate the process in which they earn both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree. This program is only available to Kettering University undergraduate students and leverages Kettering University’s premier academic programs. Students who are admitted into the BS/MBA or BS/MS program will complete the same total number of work terms as conventional non-BS/MBA or BS/MS undergraduate students.
Option 1: Undergraduate (BS) Thesis
- Students must apply before graduating (after completing 120 credit hours) or within eighteen (18) months after obtaining their undergraduate degree.
- The student completes the undergraduate degree, with the traditional undergraduate thesis (BS), and receives the bachelor’s degree at the conventional time.
- Up to eight (8) credits of mezzanine level (500-level) courses, which were completed at the undergraduate level, are also applied to the master’s degree. (Mechanical Engineering capstone courses do not apply.)
- Forty (40) credits remain to complete the MBA (total of 48 graduate credits) or thirty-two (32) credits remain to complete the master’s degree (total of 40 graduate credits). As an option, four (4) of these credits can be granted for an MS thesis.
Option 2: Graduate (MS) Thesis Only: No Undergraduate (BS) Thesis
- Students must apply before normally starting their undergraduate thesis (i.e., before submitting their PTA).
- Eight (8) credits are granted for the MS thesis, four (4) are applied to the undergraduate degree, four (4) are applied to the master’s degree.
- The student will not receive the bachelor’s degree until completion of the MS thesis.
- Eight (8) credits of mezzanine level (500-level) courses, which were completed at the undergraduate level, are also applied to the master’s degree.
- Twenty-eight (28) credits remain to complete the master’s degree (a total of 36 graduate credits).
- The MS thesis will be a more purely academic thesis driven by the faculty, but must be authorized by the student sponsor.
A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required. Students with a GPA below 3.5 may be considered on an individual basis. The degree granting department will determine acceptance.
- Both part-time and full-time MBA and MS students may qualify for this program.
- This program is only available to students who will receive (or have received) a Kettering University bachelor’sdegree. In addition to the standard application, students must formally apply to the program.
Contact Graduate Admissions at 810-762-7953 or email@example.com for an Admission Application for the BS/MBA or BS/MS program.
For more information on options available for the BS/MBA and BS/MS programs, please contact the respective academic departments:
Mechanical Engineering Option: Dr. Raghu Echempati at 810-762-7835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering Option: IME Department at 810-762-7941.
Engineering Management Option: email@example.com or 810-762-7952.