- The graduates of the Bioinformatics Degree Program will have a broad, fundamental and mathematically rigorous understanding of theoretical and applied computer science.
- The graduates of the Bioinformatics Degree Program will have a broad and fundamental knowledge of theoretical and experimental biological chemistry;
- Bioinformatics graduates will have the teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills to enable them to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams in industrial, government, academic, and medical fields.
- Graduates will understand and value the ethical implications of the bioinformatics field.
- Graduates of the Bioinformatics Degree Program will be able to pursue an advanced degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Medicine.