Veterans Administration - GI Bill benefits at Kettering University

The Registrar’s Office oversees the forms, information, and reporting services for VA-GI Bill benefits at Kettering University. All questions regarding GI Bill benefits as reimbursement for Kettering expenses should be directed to:

Mike Mosher, Interim Registrar
Office of the Registrar
(810) 762-9583

The VA programs vary for those on active duty, released from active duty, active reserve, inactive reserve, and dependents of military servicemen. Students are entered into the VA database when they start their first term at Kettering. At the start of each following term, students' coursework is certified for the VA through the database.

Post-911 GI Bill (Chapter 33)

As of August 1, 2009, students can take advantage of an updated veterans’ benefit program for college education named the Post-911 GI Bill (Chapter 33), as well as the Yellow Ribbon program that corresponds with the bill.

Chapter 33 pays full tuition and fees for three years, as well as the stipends for housing and books. Kettering is directly reimbursed by the VA for tuition and fees. Students receive a monthly stipend from the VA to assist with costs of housing and books. The Yellow Ribbon Program allows institutions of higher learning to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund (Chapter 33) tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the VA will match the same amount. Kettering holds this agreement with the VA.

Students can find complete and comprehensive information on the bill on the VA site.

To utilize the program, students need to do the following:

  1. Apply through the VA (check the website and apply on-line).
  2. Notify the associate registrar that an application has been submitted.

The student and Kettering University have to receive a copy of the “Certificate of Eligibility” letter from the VA.


Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583