Students enrolled in a Kettering degree program may take selected coursework at other institutions if the need arises and the opportunity is available. Guest Applications are available online at the Registrar’s Office website or in the Registrar’s Office. Students wishing to take a guest course are required to complete a Guest Application Form and carefully read the instructions on the application form.
The following conditions apply:
- A Guest Application Form must be completed by the student and submitted to the Office of the Registrar for approval. Note: Even if a course is listed on the Course Equivalency System, it does not guarantee approval. Official approval is obtained by completing the Guest Application and receiving all required signatures of approval. The Office of the Registrar will send an email to the student’s Kettering email account confirming approval or non-approval.
- A maximum of eight transfer credits are allowed while an active student, over and above approved study abroad transfer credits.
- The course must carry a grade of C (2.0) or above to transfer. Grades of C- or below are not transferable.
- Only the credit will transfer. The grades do not transfer and will not affect the GPA. Therefore, the grades cannot replace grades earned at Kettering University. This means credit for a guest course taken elsewhere can earn credit for a failed Kettering course but the Kettering course grade will remain on the student transcript and in the GPA.
- Independent Study work is not transferable.
- The course repeat policy only affects courses repeated at Kettering University. Guest credits do not qualify under this policy.
- Coursework for Kettering minors is not transferable.
- Courses approved for guest credit do not eliminate pre-requisite requirements.