Select your course(s) carefully. The University is not able to screen for errors in course selection, so it is possible for you to enroll in a wrong course or fail to take a needed course. Therefore, before you select a course, you should do a degree evaluation (CAPP) which is available via Banner Web. This is for those students who have entered in the summer of 2003 term and beyond for all Master Degree programs.
To access Banner Web from Kettering University's home page:
- http://my.kettering.edu, Banner Web/ Self Service
- Select: Student menu option
- Do this first:
- Select: Graduate Student Information Verification menu option. This step is required before each term to verify correct address information, mail course materials, verify your testing proctor and select your viewing media. Make sure to click Submit to continue with registration. This will enable you to register on line.
- Go back to Student to register
Click here to connect to Banner Web for registration.
- Select Student
- Select Students Records to view holds. Holds must be resolved prior to registration.
- Then go back to Student
- Select Registration Menu
- Select term you are registering for and select Submit Term.
- Select Look-up Classes to Add
To correct your registration errors:
- To drop a class, click the down arrow located under Action on current schedule, select Web Drop then click on Submit Changes.
- To verify course registrations, select Student Detail Schedule.
- When finished, select the Exit button at the top right of the page, select the Home function of your web browser to logout and return to Kettering's home page.
Online Helpful Hints
- Be sure to page down to view the entire page. Some options are located near the bottom of the page.
- Use the Menu button to move between screens.
- Do not use the Back button to navigate on the Banner web pages or you will be logged off.
- At the stop sign, login again.
- Inactivity for a seven minute period will log you out. If this happens, simply login again.
- Three failed attempts to login will disable your Banner web account.
- If you try to access a menu option and receive the message "request failed", click on the Back button and try again.
- To remove registration error messages, select Class Search at the bottom of the page, then select another course or section.