Minors (Declaring/Removing)

A minor is an area of concentrated study outside of the major area of study. A minor requires a minimum of four classes (16 credits) in a directed area of study. Minors may require coursework beyond the minimum 161 credits required for completion of the major. Coursework taken outside of Kettering University is not transferable towards a minor. Minors are not required for graduation though a student may elect to pursue a minor in an area of additional interest. Minors appear on a student’s transcript at student declaration, and requirements must be completed at the time of graduation. The Academic Department granting the minor provides an audit for each student who applies to graduate. Refer to the “Minors” section of this catalog for a complete list of minors and their requirements.
A student wishing to declare a minor should consult the head of the department that houses the minor, or a faculty advisor in that department. The student is then responsible for completing a Minor Declare/Change Request Form (this form is necessary to declare or remove a minor). This form must then be submitted to the Office of the Registrar for processing. The Registrar, in turn, will update the student record.
Questions: Contact the Office of the Registrar

Key Contacts

  • Main Office
    (810) 762-7476
  • Grades
    (810) 762-9587
  • Graduation
    (810) 762-7852 (Master)
    (810) 762-9587 (Bachelor)
  • Guest & AP Credits
    (810) 762-9912
  • Registration
    (810) 762-7476
  • Transfer Students
    (810) 762-9912
  • Transcripts
    (810) 762-7476
  • Veterans and GI Bill
    (810) 762-9583